The Master of Kyokushin Karate trained,
taught and lived by the following eleven mottoes.
Why do we train? How should one live? What is the ultimate
goal in your life? You might find a clue to them.
1. Following the Martial Way is like scaling a cliff - continue upwards without rest. It demands absolute and unfaltering devotion to the task at hand.
2. The Martial Way begins and ends with courtesy. Therefore, be properly and genuinely courteous at all times.
3.Even for the Martial Artist, the place of money cannot be ignored. Yet one should be careful never to
become attached to it.
4.Strive to seize the initiative in all things, all the time guarding against actions stemming from selfish animosity or thoughtlessness.
5.The Martial Way begins with one thousand days and is mastered after ten thousand days of training.
6. The Martial Way is centered in posture.Strive to maintain correct posture at all times.
7. In the Martial Arts, introspection begets wisdom. Always see contemplation on your action as an opportunity to improve.
8. The nature and purpose of the Martial Way is universal. All selfish desires should be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training.
9. The Martial Arts begins with a point and ends in a circle. Straight lines stem from this principle.
10. The true essence of the Martial Way can only be realized through experience. Knowing this,
learn never to fear its demands.
11. Always remember: In the Martial Arts the rewards of a confident and grateful heart are truly abundant.